Wednesday, April 23, 2008

God. Sublime, divine, just listen


I'm happy to be alive. I'm not liking my stress. I don't like much, but you've given me lots.

I was angry, bitter, sore ... I walked, anger in every step. Anger strikes again, you flinch not a bit. Abuse again, scourged before for sins of men like me. Step harder.

Jesus suggests, I do.

I step harder.
Step faster.
I step faster.

Look.
I look. I walk; I smell; I hear; I feel; I taste ... I don't forget. I stop caring about the anger. It drives me, but then my want for the walk moves me. I walk, mechanically ... ouch, miles short and my energy the same. My patience is short the same, but God's patience is long. Jesus wins again. Evil has no power over Him. He wins before evil starts the fight.

Jesus granted me many things. I lost what I thought was critical. While I need it, he had a need for me at times to do His bidding. I was at the right place at the right time on five occasions. Had I what I "wanted" and thought I needed most of all, I would not have been were I should have been. Like a person calling your name to say, "hi" before you were going to walk into a moving car's path.

While I am not superman, I got the chance to be used in functional ways that I could not have, had my wants been satisfied the way I wanted them. While I am still stressed, I think I should accept the things I cannot change. I should accept the opportunities given to me.

I haven't written, not for lack of material, but rather for lack of interest. Now, God has given me call ... interest.

No comments: